This page is divided into two sections, Lincoln Periodicals and Special Issues. There are a number of Research Groups and Societies that publish journals on Lincoln. These journals may have images and occasionally information on Lincoln Art. These publications are listed under "Lincoln Periodicals."
Sometimes journals which normally do not write about Lincoln will have an article on Lincoln Art. These issues are listed under "Special Issues."
All of these resources are available at the Illinois History and Lincoln Collections, University of Illinois.
- Abraham Lincoln Association. Bulletin of the Abraham Lincoln Association. Springfield, Ill.: The Association, [1930-1939].
- ____. For the People: A Newsletter of the Abraham Lincoln Association. Springfield, IL: The Association, -
- International Abraham Lincoln Journal. Shreveport, LA: International Lincoln Association, [2000-
- International Lincoln Association Quarterly Newsletter.
Idyllwild, CA: International Lincoln Association.
- Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association. Champaign, IL: University of Illinois Press, c1987-
- Journal of the Lincoln Assassination. Santa Monica, CA: Autograph Press, 1987-
- Lincarnations. Neshanic, NJ : Association of Lincoln Presenters, 1991-2001.
- Lincoln Centennial Association (Springfield, IL). Bulletin Lincoln Centennial Association. Springfield, IL: Lincoln Centennial Association, [1923-1929].
- The Lincoln Chronicle. Lisle, IL: Thomas J. Dyba, 1981-
- Lincoln Editor: The Quarterly Newsletter of the Papers of Abraham Lincoln. Springfield, IL: Papers of Abraham Lincoln, Illinois Historic Preservation Agency, 2001-
- Lincoln Forum. The Lincoln Forum Bulletin. Winchester, VA.: Civil War Education Association, 1997-
- Lincoln Herald. Harrogate, TN: Lincoln Memorial University Press, 1937-
- The Lincoln Ledger.Racine, WI : The Fellowship, 1992-
- The Lincoln Legacy: A Quarterly Publication of the Lincoln Group of Illinois. Lisle, IL: Lincoln Group of Illinois, 1987-1995.
- The Lincoln Log.Bronx, N.Y.: [s.n.], 1975-1981.
- Lincoln Newsletter. Lincoln, IL: Lincoln College, 1979-
- Lincoln News National. Silver Spring, Md.: Abraham Lincoln Institute of the Mid-Atlantic, 1998-
- The Lincoln Times. Indianapolis: Traveler Enterprises, 1984-1986.
- Louisiana Lincolnator.Shreveport, LA: Louisiana Lincoln Group, 1994-
- New Salem Lincoln League. The Prairie Picayune: Lincolnís New Salem Newsletter. Petersburg, IL: New Salem Lincoln League, 1995-
- Papers of the Abraham Lincoln Association. Springfield, IL: Abraham Lincoln Association, c1979-c1986.
- The Rail Splitter.Chicago : Lincoln League of Illinois, 1910-
- TAALC Newsletter / The Association of Abraham Lincoln Collectors. Gettysburg, Pa.: The Association, 1985-
- Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History. History Now. http://www.historynow.org/03_2007/index.html. Copyright 2005.
- Grieve, D., et. al. "Special Report: The Kaplan Lincoln." Journal of Forensic
Identification, 44:4 (July/August 1994), pp. 353-494.
- Holzer, Harold. "How the Printmakers Saw Lincoln: Not-So-Honest Portraits of 'Honest Abe.' " Journal of Material Culture, 14: 2 (Summer 1979), pp. 143-170.
- Holzer, Harold, Gabor S. Boritt and Mark E. Neely Jr. " 'Badges of Woe' and 'Testaments of Grief.' " Blue & Gray Magazine, (November 1986), pp. 28-40.
- ____. "Francis Bicknell Carpenter (1830-1900): Painter of Abraham Lincoln and His
Circle." The American Art Journal, XVI: 2 (Spring 1984), 66-89.
- New York Times. "Pictorial Lincoln History," February 9, 1913.
- Ostendorf, Lloyd. "Signed Lincoln Photographs" in Incidents of the War, 1:2 (Summer 1986), 20-23.
- Swanson, James L. and Lloyd Ostendorf. "Lincoln from Life" in American Heritage, The Civil War, Special Issue, (March 1990), 92-97.
- Vanderbilt, Paul. "Two Photographs of Abraham Lincoln" in Quarterly Journal of L.C. Current Acquisition, 10:4 (August 1953), 185-189.
- Westmore, Alexander. "Two Original Photographic Negatives of Abraham Lincoln (With Four Plates)" in Smithsonian Miscellaneous Collections, 95:18 (October 1936).
Banner image obtained from Copyright-Free Images of Abraham Lincoln
c. Jenny Freed, 4-15-07